What are the types of video formats are available on BeLive?
- Create an engaging live Q and A show.
- You'll be able to show comments on the screen along with other awesome features.
- Invite a guest for a split-screen interview.
- Your guest can join from their computer or mobile phone.
- Host a professional multi-person talk show.
- Up to 3 people can be on the screen at the same time and up to 10 people can join and wait in the Lobby.
What do I need in order to start using BeLive?
You need a Facebook account, a Chrome browser, and a stable internet connection.
How do I contact Support?
Can you use BeLive to broadcast on a Page? On a group? An event?
Yes! You can broadcast on your timeline, page, group, or an event. In order to broadcast on a page, make sure you either have an “Admin” or “Editor” role. For a Group or Event, you need to have “Admin” role.
Can I do a test broadcast before going live?
Yes. After creating your broadcast, choose “Testing Only - Do not post.” Your broadcast won’t be published anywhere.
How many guests can join a talk show?
Up to three people can be on the screen and up to 10 people can join and wait in the Lobby.
Is there a checklist that we can use before going live?
Here are a few things you can do before the broadcast for best results:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Chrome.
- Clear your cache.
- Close all software or apps that use a camera.
- Close unnecessary tabs and apps.
- Earbuds/headphones are recommended for both host and guests to avoid echo and feedback.
- A direct Internet connection is also stronger than a Wi-Fi connection, but Wi-Fi does work.
- Don’t download or stream videos during the broadcast.
How do I add a Custom Logo?
- Click “Add Your Branding.”
- Upload a 150x150 transparent image for your logo by clicking the + sign. Choose the correct file from your computer.
- Once you’re satisfied with the logo, click on “Save Branding.”
How do I select Custom Colors?
- Click “Add Your Branding.”
- Click on “Brand Colors” tab right next to “Logo.”
- Choose the Background and Text colors by entering a specific HTML code or by clicking on the color wheel.
- A Preview will appear to show you how it will look like on the broadcast.
- Once the custom colors are set, click on “Save Branding.”
How do I upload a custom frame?
- Click “Add Your Branding.”
- Click on “Designed Frames” tab right next to “Brand Colors.”
- Choose preloaded frames or upload your own.
- To upload your own, click on the “+” sign to choose a file from your computer.
- Once the upload is complete, click on “Save Branding.”
How to feature audience comments on the screen?
- You will see all the live comments under the “Live Broadcast Preview.”
- Click “Show” on the comment you want to show on the screen.
- If you want to show another comment, click on “Show” and the previous comment will automatically be replaced with the new comment.
- Click on “Hide” if you want the current comment on the screen to disappear.
What is the Agenda?
The Agenda feature serves as your talking points during the broadcast. You can show the Title of each agenda item on the screen. The Description is a place for you to write your own notes.
How to Use the Agenda feature
- Click the Agenda button.
- Click the Plus button on the top right corner.
- Add your Agenda.
- Click “Show” button to show it live on the screen.
How do I upload photos to my broadcast?
- Create a Talk Show broadcast.
- On the lower thirds of the production studio, click on “Add a photo from your Facebook albums.”
- Sign in on Facebook to access your albums.
- Choose the photo you want to show from your album.
- Click on “Add to Broadcast” to show the photo on the broadcast.
How do I share my computer screen?
- On the lower thirds of the Production Studio, you will see a box with the label “Share your desktop screen” on the Lobby.
- Click on “Share.”
- If you haven’t installed the BeLive Chrome extension yet, it will ask you to install.
- Once installed, a popup will appear. Choose “Your Entire Screen” or “Application Window.”
- Click on “Add to Broadcast” to show your screen on the broadcast.
How do I schedule a broadcast?
- Check “Create a scheduled Facebook Live broadcast”
- Choose preferred date and time (make sure there is an 11-minute window between creation of broadcast to start of broadcast). Note that the time is in 24-hour format.
- Fill out all the other details of the broadcast.
- Click “Create Broadcast.”
A post about the broadcast will be generated on your timeline, page, group, or event. Viewers can click on “Get Reminder.” The time of the show will automatically be converted to the viewer’s time zone.
Facebook broadcasts can only be scheduled up to one week in advance.
Keep in mind that if you don’t start the scheduled broadcast within 10 minutes, Facebook deletes it.
Can guests share their screen?
No. Only hosts can share their screen.
Can I have more than one guest on Interview mode?
You can only have one guest on Interview mode. If you want to have more guests, you can choose the Talk Show mode. You can have up to three people on the screen and up to 10 people can wait in the Lobby.
Can I broadcast videos in 1080p?
The highest resolution supported by Facebook Live is 720p, hence BeLive only takes video up to 720p HD quality. The resolution of the video in practice will depend mainly on your internet’s upload speed. It is recommended to test different resolution (HD 720p, qHD 540p, or SD 480p) to find the optimal setting.
Do I need a wired connection?
No. BeLive works with wired or wireless connection. For best results, you should have at least 1.5 mbps upload speed. You can check your internet speed here
How do I choose an external mic or camera?
Next to the "Connect Camera" button, click on the gear icon. Choose on the dropdown which external mic or camera you want to use for the broadcast.
What are the best practices for audio and video quality?
For best results, we recommend doing the following before your broadcast:
- Update Chrome to the latest version.
- Clear cache.
- Wear a headset during the broadcast to avoid echo.
Can you start and manage a show from your phone?
No. Guests can join via the Android or iOS app. But you need to host the show from your computer.
Why is there an echo on my broadcast?
Echo (when someone's voice is heard twice) is caused when one person's voice is heard through another person's microphone. It is recommended for the host and guests to wear a headset, to avoid the sound from reaching the microphone.
Good rule to remember: If you're hearing the echo, then it's NOT coming from your system. The person causing the echo DOES NOT hear the echo.
Why don’t I see screenshare on my account?
Screenshare is available only on Standard plan and under the Talk Show format.
Why is my broadcast set to "Only Me"?
Make sure to set the privacy settings correctly.
Changing your privacy settings:
- Go to your Facebook profile.
- Click on the bottom arrow in the top right corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Apps on the left-hand side.
- Click on the BeLive app.
- Look for "App Visibility and Post Audience."
- On the right side, set your preferred audience to "Public"
- Click “Save.”
When you start a broadcast, make sure to choose the correct destination (your timeline, page, group, or an event).
Does BeLive work on Safari? Firefox? Edge? Any other browsers?
BeLive works ONLY with Chrome. This is due to the differences in the way different browsers support broadcasting video.
I was in the middle of the broadcast and had an issue. Is my broadcast lost?
No! Your broadcast continues until you stop it. You can refresh the page and continue broadcasting.
Can I modify a broadcast after having already created it?
No. Elements such as the cover image, frame, and colors cannot be changed after a broadcast has been scheduled.
Can I change the time of the broadcast after I scheduled it?
No. To avoid confusion, the time cannot be changed after it’s already been scheduled.
How do I choose what time zone to schedule my broadcast in?
The scheduled time is set according to your computer's time zone. The initial scheduled time you see when creating a broadcast is about 15 minutes ahead of the current time.
Facebook show the scheduled time to each viewer in their own respective time zone.
Can I broadcast with a DSLR?
BeLive supports any camera that is able to connect to Chrome as a webcam. You might need additional equipment or software to interface your DSLR with Chrome.
Where do I find pricing information?
Can I try BeLive for free?
After choosing a package, you have 14 days to try BeLive for free. You do not need to provide any payment method to use the trial.
Do I need to choose one of the packages in order to start the trial?
Yes. To start the free trial, you have to choose either Lite or Standard.
What happens when my trial ends?
After the trial ends, you will be asked to choose a monthly or yearly subscription. You also have the option to continue using BeLive for free with limited features.
Can I have a free account forever?
If none of the current plan suits your needs and you want to continue using BeLive, you can choose the free option. You’ll be able to do a broadcast twice a week with a limit of 20 minutes each. Customization and other features such as screenshare won’t be available with the free BeLive account.
Can I cancel any time?
Yes, you can decide to cancel your account at any time. Once you cancel, you’ll no longer be charged for the next month. For more questions about cancellation, you can email Support at email@example.com
or chat via Messenger.
How do I cancel and get a refund?
I want to change my payment details.
Can you extend my trial?
Please contact our Support via email firstname.lastname@example.org
or via Messenger and explain why your trial needs to be extended.
How can I publish my broadcast on YouTube?
First, download your video from Facebook:
- Go to the video you want to republish.
- Click Options and choose “Download.”
- Upload the video file to YouTube.
I deleted my broadcast by mistake. Can you retrieve it?
Once a broadcast is deleted, it is deleted from Facebook and from your BeLive dashboard. For further assistance, please contact our Support via email email@example.com
or via Messenger.
How can I contact your Customer Support?
Is your support open 24/7?
Is there a community of BeLive users?
Do you offer free training?